Come work with one of the country's pioneering human service agencies and be a part of one of the best trained and most experienced staffs in the field. Help make a difference in the lives of the LGBTQ and HIV/AIDS communities while working in a comfortable and affirming office environment where you can truly feel free to be yourself.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Foster Care Specialist provides leadership and implementation of Foster Care Services at Persad Center. This position is responsible for recruitment & training of resource families, service delivery, treatment planning, working with biological and resource families, and documentation. This position reports to the Director of Community Programs.
Key Performance Areas: Recruitment
1. Implements marketing plans that successfully recruitment families to provide foster care
2. Identifies and screens prospective resource families
3. Schedules and conducts required pre-service training programs for families
4. Conducts home visits
5. Creates family profiles
6. Successfully certifies an adequate number of resource families to meet the demand for placements
7. Creates and maintains resource family files in accordance with regulations
Key Performance Area: Program Coordination
1. Manages placement of youth with foster families
2. Provides support and services to both families of origin and resource families
3. Coordinates treatment team meetings and implementation
4. Creates and implements activities, programs, and peer support groups for youth
5. Attends Shelter Hearings and provides necessary information to the court
6. Transports youth to hearings, visitation, or other appointments
7. Manages 24 hour on call schedule
8. Creates and maintains client files in accordance with regulations
9. Provides case management and coordination services as needed
10. Collects and tracks program data
Key Performance Area: Teamwork and Collaboration
1. Works effectively with the youth services team to ensure delivery of programs
2. Attends Community Program and other Agency Team meetings and provides youth services updates
3. Assists in certifying and maintaining certification for foster families
4. Establish relationships with other provider agencies for referrals and program support
5. Meets regularly and collaborates on program implementation
6. Coordinates referrals of youth, families of origin, and foster families to mental health and other needed services
7. Works with staff to facilitate referrals and service coordination throughout
Key Performance Area: Quality Assurance
1. Assists in assuring program compliance
2. Conducts and documents monthly chart audits
3. Creates weekly, monthly, and annual reports for Foster Care Services
4. Assures compliance with and meets requirements of CYF contract
5. Implements all aspects of program to assure fair and unbiased service delivery
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A four (4) year degree in Social Work from an accredited institution of higher learning, and at least two (2) years of experience working in the Foster Care or Children Youth and Families (CYF) service system. Appropriate FBI, PA Act 33/34 fingerprint clearances.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate degree in Social Work, from an accredited institution of higher learning, and at least two (2) years of experience working in the Foster care or CYF service system.
COMPENSATION: $40,000 benefits include (health, dental, vision, life insurance, and short-term disability insurance)
HOW TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references to:
Persad Center 5301 Butler Street, Suite 100
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
ATTN: CARLOS TORRES
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: Persad Center, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate, exclude or otherwise deny employment opportunities to any qualified candidate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability/handicap, gender, gender identity/expression, national origin, place of birth, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or any other characteristic(s) protected under local, state, or federal laws in any of its hiring/employment practices and activities. All employment decisions shall be made without regard of any of these characteristics.
START DATE: As soon as possible.
PT LICENSED, MENTAL HEALTH OUTPATIENT THERAPIST
SCOPE OF WORK: The Clinical Therapist is one of the principal providers of mental health service at Persad Center. It is the responsibility of the Clinical Therapist to provide initial and ongoing assessment of each client to determine the most effective and useful psychotherapeutic treatment. The Clinical Therapist is supervised by and responsible to their assigned clinical supervisor. Clinical Therapist works in the agency’s Mental Health Counseling center and may have a caseload of clients with drug and alcohol, mental health, HIV/AIDS, sexual or gender orientation concerns.
The primary tasks of the Clinical Therapist are: assessing new clients, providing individual, couple and group therapy, maintaining adequate documentation that is required, maintaining accurate billing records, participating in supervision, and providing educational programs as assigned. Attend bimonthly clinical supervision and group supervision
· Licensed in Pennsylvania, LPC or LCSW
· Appropriate FBI, PA Act 33/34 fingerprint clearances.
· LCSW preferred but LPC or LMFT will be considered
· Drug and Alcohol experience helpful
· Bilingual (preferably Spanish) a plus
COMPENSATION: Will be determined by experience and qualifications
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references. There are two ways to submit the required documentation; electronically or hard copy. Electronically: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copy: Persad Center
5301 Butler Street, Suite 100
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
ATTN: Andrew Weinberg
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: Persad Center, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, familial status, gender identity/expression, handicap/disability, national origin, pregnancy, place of birth, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, and/or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
START DATE: As soon as possible
PERSAD CENTER, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. PERSAD does not discriminate in hiring, promotion, discharge, fringe benefits, job training, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation/identity, gender identity or expression, national origin, and status as an individual with a disability or protected veteran. We believe that diversity of background and perspective are strengths and seek to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff. We encourage candidates from various backgrounds to apply.